overbrook ks will be having the derby on oct 6th. We will be running two classes this year. FULL SIZE OLDSCHOOL/HOBO and BONE STOCK COMPACTS
I will be running pay up sucker rules for both classes. ( may have small changes since it will be a very late derby. Changes will be to help the cars.) Inspections will be 2-5.
No cars will not be allowed to enter after 5.
Payouts for the classes:
FULL SIZE OLDSCHOOL/HOBO ( only one heat)
BONE STOCK COMPACTS:
( I will be only running 12 cars per heat. So each heat will be running for the same money.) So if 24 cars show up I will be paying out two 1,2,3,4th. SO if there are 36 I will be paying out 3 sets of 1,2,3,4th)
I hope this makes since. If you have any questions you can call or text Luke (785) 393-1762
FULL SIZE limited weld/hobo Hobo any year of car allowed (no imps, hearse, ambulance, trucks, vans) mini vans ok NO 03 and newer fords or frames
Overbrook will be allowing some extra plates. 30" of total frame plate will be allowed. This is 30" per frame rail. so the car will be allowed 60" of repair plate for all frame. No more than 10" of consecutive plate.
1. car needs to remain as close as stock as possible
2. NO carb/DP's,
3. engine/trans swaps ok , can weld lower mounts in to do a clean conversion (no added metal!) you may use 2 chains or 2 4x4x1/4" plates to keep your motor from "flopping around" the plates can only be welded from factory motor clams to the frame. if you use the chain 1 link may be welded to the frame any where within the head area of the motor You may use a lower engine cradle, however if you do you must use stock lower gm. or ford motor mounts and CAN NOT use any chains, 9 wire or plates to keep motor tight. This cradle is only to protect your block. If the inspection crew deems that the cradle is being used to reinforce the car in any way you WILL NOT run!
4.NO truck rear ends, must be a stock car rear end (gears are fine, after market axles NOT allowed) a slider type drive shaft may be used ( there is cheap ways out there to do this with out spending lots of money. 2 wheel drive Chevy truck drive shafts will get similar results)
5. bumper swaps allowed but must be an automotive car bumper. You can weld bumper shocks, bumper brackets, and frame seams SOLID 4" from the back side of the bumper per side to attach bumpers on. bumper skin can be welded solid and bumper may be loaded between the frame rails (all material used to load must remain inside the factory bumper skins)we changed the bumper rules to cut down on the cost of building a car, one bumper should last thru several cars if the car your using came from the factory with bumper brackets they must remain in the stock location
6. welding allowed is drivers door solid, 2 4" plates per seams other doors and hood/trunk. and cage. bumpers and frame seam a-arms forward
7.may use a trans mounted shifter. after market gas/brake pedals ok.
8. may use up to 1" core support bolts thru the hood but only thru the top of the frame. a spacer may be used between the core support and the frame but it can not be welded .
9. CAR MUST HAVE A DRIVERS DOOR BAR
10. a dash bar and seat bar is recommended but not required. You are allowed a gas tank protector, no wider than 24 inches, must be at least 1” away from rear tray package/ backseat sheet metal. May NOT run straight back to frame humps, must angle in from back seat pipe. IT MAY RUN STRAIGHT BACK, BUT ONLY IN THE CENTER OF THE CAR, and must be 4” off the floor. May not be connected to gas tank and must be free floating. one down bars per side from cage down to floor sheet metal only (down bars must remain inside the front door seams). seat bar can not be any further back than 6" from front door seem
11. suspension ... front a-arms may be 9 wired down or bolted with 1- 1/2" bolt with a 1.5" washer top and bottom or use a piece of 3/8th chain max weld 1 link per side of a-arm. rear ends may have 9 wire, 3/8ths cable or chain running thru the coil springs or around frame and rear end on leafed cars to prevent them from falling out. no added leafs or leaf clamps to leaf sprung cars.
12.Car must be fully stripped of all flammable material. Factory seats and factory dash are allowed. All glass, chrome, door handles, and any unsafe items must be removed from the inside and outside of the cars. All plastic, stainless and pot metal trim, fiberglass, and rubber must be removed from the outside of the car. Car floor, trunks, and inside of doors must be swept of glass, debris, and must be clean. Factory fuel tank(s) must be removed. Unused factory fuel lines must be blown free of gas. Removing unused fuel lines recommended. Factory fuel tank may not be re-used .Battery must be re-located inside of passenger compartment. The battery must be in a solid container and must be securely fastened and covered.
13.No steel gas “cans” or plastic gas “jugs” allowed. A steel boat tank is recommended, however any metal tank deemed safe by the officials is acceptable. Any plastic or urethane “fuel cell” must be in a solid metal container and must be covered with metal. The fuel tank must be securely fastened inside the passenger compartment. Fuel line must be secured and fastened properly. Keep away from exhaust. Place fuel cell behind driver’s seat or in the center of the car where the back seat use to be. No other source of gas inside the car at all. Official’s decision is final.
14.Cars must have some type of working brakes.
15.Oil coolers, engine and transmission, are allowed. IF air coolers (fans) are used, a shield must be located between the cooler and the driver. High-pressure hydraulic lines and fittings are recommended. No gas hose is allowed. It must be compatible with transmission oil. If oil hose is used, minimum of two hose clamps per fitting. Non high-pressure oil hose must be covered. Engine cooler hose and fittings must be high pressure
16.Electric fuel pumps are allowed, must have high pressure fuel line, All fuel hose must be covered. And be safe!
17. No wheel weights or balance weights allowed on wheel rims.
18. Radiator coolant over flow tubes must point straight down.
19. bumper shocks can be collapsed and bumper chained or welded
20. ALL DOORS AND TRUNK / HOOD MUST BE CHAINED, BOLTED OR #9 WIRED SHUT. max of 2 loops chain , max 10- 5/16ths bolts per trunk, NEW THIS YEAR 2017, TRUNKS ARE ALLOWED 2- 3/4" MAX ALLTHREAD IN THE TRUNK SHEET METAL TO SHEET METAL ONLY!!!! THIS IS THE ONLY CHANGE FROM LAST YEARS RULES hood can have 6 additional bolts of any size sheet metal to sheet metal only plus the core support bolts. if you chose you can weld the doors/trunk shut with 2 2x4x1/4" plates per door seam NO MORE
21. No re stubbing of frames or cutting and tilting of frames. YOU MAY "COLD TILT" Repairs..... you will be given 2 4x4x1/4" repair plates per frame rail for repairs. damage must be obvious THIS WILL INCREASE LATER IN THE SEASON FOR REPAIRS
22.MUST HAVE HALO BAR/ roll over bar allowed to be welded to floor or frame bolted to roof top. no more than 6" behind drivers seat. 23 must have 2 bars welded or bolted in the windshield area to keep hood from cutting your head off!
24. body/frame creasing is ok hammers only cost $5 everyone can swing a hammer!
25. NO CLAIM RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26. TIRES .... any tire allowed as long as no bigger than 16" no studded tires. wheel centers fine. 27. wheel well openings may be trimmed and bolted with no more than 8- 3/8th bolts per opening with a max 1.5" fender washer 28. Rusty body bolts can be changed to 3/4c max bolt with 3" max washers. no bolts out the bottom side of the frames 29. Unlimited number 9 wire as long as there's none in front of the radiator or per rule number 3 30. This is designed to be a clean up show, so i will allow 30" of total plate per frame rail.
108" AND UNDER FWD AND RWD COMPACT TYPE CARS NO FULL FRAME CARS
1. Official’s decision is final.
2. No profanity allowed on the cars. No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be allowed to participate. Classless behavior will not be tolerated.
3. Driving. You must make aggressive contact with another live car in less than one minute. If you do not make aggressive enough hits, we will let you know. No intentional driver door hits. Depending on the severity of the hit, we may simply warn you, or we may break your stick. If you use your driver’s door to block another car, do not expect that car to be disqualified for the driver’s door hit. Official’s decision final.
4. During competition stay in the car. Keep your helmet on. Keep your hands and arms inside the car.
5. During competition, no driver, pitmen, or spectators shall approach the officials. Classless behavior will not be tolerated. Official’s decision is final.
6. If you are black flagged (for example a door hit), you finish in that spot, not last, and receive that place trophy and winnings, if any.
7. Cars may be disqualified at any time. We will re-inspect the Top five after the derby is over. IF a car is found to be illegal, it will be disqualified and finish last.
8. NO BITCH RULE!
9. Anything can be done to drivers door for safety, a bar behind the seat from door to door allowed. A simple halo/rollover loup off of the seat bar to roof allowed.
CAR PREP & BUILD 1. Overall condition must be safe. This applies to used cars as well as some fresh cars. IF the officials deem the car unsafe to run, it will not run.
2. Fire jacket highly recommended. Long pants are required. Eye protection and gloves highly recommended. Shoes are required.
3. Minimum of D.O.T. rated helmet required. Full-face helmets recommended.
4. Seat belts are required, must be functional, and fastened to the floor or seat bracket. Official’s decision is final.
5. Car must be fully stripped of all flammable material. Factory seats and factory dash are allowed. All, chrome, door handles, and any unsafe items must be removed from the inside and outside of the cars. All plastic, stainless and pot metal trim, fiberglass, and rubber must be removed from the outside of the car. Car floor, trunks, and inside of doors must be swept of glass, debris, and must be clean. REMOVE ALL WINDOWS
6. car must have some type of working brakes.
ALL COMPONETS OF THE TYPE OF CARS USED IN THIS CLASS MUST BE STOCK OEM METERIAL FOR THE MODEL OF CAR YOUR USING. 1. No welding ANYWHERE! 2. car can have a 3" dia max pipe inside drivers front door for safety at a 45 deg angle from A pillar to C pillar 3. gas tank must be relocated to the back seat area of the car and securely fastened (unless stock tank is located in front of the rear axle. 4. No body shaping 5. trunk lids may be removed. 6. no tires larger than 16" no tires heavier than 8ply DOT. no doubled. no foam filled, no studded no skidders, no forklift , no wheel weights. tubes allowed. 7. 2 spots of 9 wire or 2 spots 1/4" chain allowed in windshield area for safety (keeps from cutting Your head off with the hood) 8 motor headers allowed (like to hear the sounds) 9 all gas/break/shifter linkages must remain stock 10 have fun the idea of this class is to keep every thing on the car as it would be driving down the road. don't push the build rules or you wont run! Any stock bumper can be used as long as it bolts on
Different from Pay up sucker rules. A. Each door will be allowed 1, 2”x2”x1/4” plate welded on to keep door closed B. 1 2”x1/4 pipe or square tubing may be used as a front bumper only. Cannot exceed 8” past frame. C. 2 3/8 bolts may be used to hold the hood closed. May only be used in the upper core support. Cannot exceed 6” in length. D. The trunk or wagon gate will be allowed to have 3 2”x2”x1/4”
Old Skool Productions LLC: we are working hard to get payouts up we have been in contact with the fair associations and are working as quickly as possible to get you payout info will post s soon as we finalize the contracts
Jun 3, 2016 7:54:47 GMT -5